Wednesday, March 18, 2015

Boneyard Shawl

In the beginning of February, I was going on a trip to Mexico (I will blog about the actual trip separately). I decided I need something easy to knit to bring along on the trip. A project that was easy enough to memorize so I could knit on the plane, in the airport, or anywhere else. After a lot of stash diving, I decided it was appropriate to use yarn that I bought a few years back for my birthday considering the trip to Mexico was a birthday trip for me. The yarn is called Aquarius by Wollmeise. Fitting for a February birthday and a February vacation by the beach, no? It is a gorgeous teal green blue color and knitting it up is so easy. The pattern I picked is Boneyard Shawl by Stephen West. This is a great pattern because although it is a simple pattern, it really allows for the great color saturation to show off and with this specific yarn it is coming out very squishy and comfy. I have quite a bit of yarn, 2 skeins worth of the DK weight, so I plan to make it a large shawl (or until I run out of patience). While I am not done with the shawl yet, I have been Instagramming the progress in various stages and in various settings. So I wanted to show off a bit and let you all know that I am being crafty in 2015, albeit a slow crafter.

Decided to do some knitting by the pool in Mexico while waiting for my room to be ready
Knitting on the beach in Mexico


Knitting is a good waiting room activity

Knitting is also a good coffee shop activity

Some knitting at lunch with a knitter friend

Knitting while binge watching House of Cards

Knitting at my Sunday Morning Knitting Group

No comments: