Monday, April 13, 2015

Austrian meal

I have a great neighbor who is originally from Austria and she offered to cook me a homemade Austrian dinner. It was fantastic! I have never been to Austria and after hearing her stories about the country and trying some of their dishes, it is now on top of my list of places I want to visit. Hopefully sometime soon.

I need to get to the recipe for the appetizer because it is something I could eat on a regular basis. And the Pork schnitzel was surprisingly easy to make. I've always been scared of frying food, especially dishes that require breading because it seems like such a process but after seeing her cook, I think it's something I can easily do. I'll have to try and report back with my result :)


1. Drinks. This was a simple drink consisting of Campri and Orange Juice. A bit tart but refreshing.

2. Appetizer. Spinach salad with balasmic and olive oil dressing. Tomato stuffed with mixture of ham, onions, mushrooms, sour cream, fresh chives and other herbs.

3. Main course. Pork schnitzel, white rice with peas, cranberry sauce and a German Riesling.

4. Dessert.  A type of homemade sweet bread with vanilla sauce and a little shooter of chocolate cream. I also tried an Austrian drink called Almdudler - it'skind of like a ginger ale mixed with herbs. We mixed that with the Riesling to make a type of spritzer.

No comments: